Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do You Remember . . .

the first time you ever scrapbooked? I've always kept stuff to scrapbook wayyyy before there was patterned paper and embellishments. But the first time I scrapped the way I do now is quite an interesting story . . .

I had been to a Creative Memories party and was completely sold on it, so I booked a party myself. It just so happens, the night of my party a huge storm came through. I mean a really BAD storm with a small tornado touching down. I had NO idea the storm was heading our way . . . I noticed as I helped the hostess carry in her stuff that it was really black and the wind was picking up. Anyway, just as we were getting started, the storm hit and the power went out. My mother-in-law, who's always been good to come to any parties I've ever had, said "Ginger, I think we need to head to the basement." But noooooo - I wouldn't hear of it - we were going to scrap at my party. So the power went out but we trudged forward and cropped by candlelight. As it turns out, we had very minimal damage at my house, but I found out the next day that the tornado had touched down a few roads over and done some damage to my aunt's house.

Looking back on it, I realize how stupid I really was!! I'll never forget that though!!

No comments: