Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Weekend = New Scrappy Goodies

I'm so excited that it's Super Bowl weekend! It's funny how my love of football has grown! I cared absolutely nothing about it until Adam started playing flag football in the 3rd grade. I would get so frustrated because I never understood what was going on, so I started watching football on Sundays to educate myself. It has turned into an obsession. Well, maybe that's a strong word -- but I really REALLY do love football now. I absolutely love watching college football (GO WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS!), and of course, I love watching NFL football as well. I've always pulled for the Carolina Panthers - but this year I'm pulling for a different team - GO ARIZONA CARDINALS!

There is a reason why I'll be pulling for the Arizona Cardinals -- aside from the fact that I've always liked Kurt Warner way back when he was with the Rams. Over at Scrapattack Scrapbooking, I got in on a scrappy football pool. By the luck of the draw, I was given the Arizona Cardinals (in addition to the Rams cause I decided to get 2 teams). The plan was that you would send in 15 (or maybe 20 - can't even remember now!) scrappy goody bags, then when your team wins, you earn a scrappy bag. When I told Adam at the beginning of the season that I had gotten the Cardinals and the Rams, he just laughed and said "you won't get anything from the Cardinals . . . you might get a few bags from the Rams." Well, he was exactly right with the Rams - they won maybe 2 games all season. But hello?! How about THOSE CARDINALS!?! They have been awesome this year! They have earned me lots of scrappy goody bags! But besides all that - they are the underdog with the "older" quarterback that nobody thought could go all the way! I've always been one to pull for the underdog anyway, but by-golly they have proved that they are worthy of being in the Super Bowl. They did, afterall, knock down my Panthers to get one step closer to the big game.

And while I'm thinking about it -- let me go ahead and give a shout out to Lauri at SAS. You have done an amazing job of organizing this little scrappy pool and keeping up with who gets what! It has really been tons of fun -- and I'm not just saying that because my team is in the Super Bowl - lol. Really, though, you have taken on quite a little project keeping up with that and it truly has been a blast! Thanks, girlie!

So anyway -- we'll be having a small little party just among ourselves Sunday with a few of the "party" food favorites that we all like - ham/swiss/poppy seed sandwiches, meatballs, and of course - WINGS! I'm excited . . . GO CARDINALS! Let's go all the way!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Girl I didn't know you were such a football fan! Have a great weekend and may the best (Arizona!) team win!