Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!

I think the QOTD on all 3 message boards that I frequent was asking about superstitions today. I don't really think I'm superstitious about Friday the 13th, but I am a wee bit superstitious in general -- especially at ballgames. If we get on a winning streak, then I tend to think that we have to sit beside the same people; arrange our chairs in the same order; eat the same snacks; blah blah blah to keep the winning streak going. It's silly, really, but I think my daddy instilled that in me. He's always been superstitious. He's always thought that Wake Forest will win their ballgames if he don't watch. lol. Silly.


Anyway, all this talk about superstitions reminded me of a picture I have been wanting to scrap. Meet Ellie, the Lucky Elephant. David found Ellie at in Asheville when Amber's all-star team went to the state tournament last year. We actually were set up down the first base line, and playing pathetically I might add, when David looked down and spotted Ellie. Honestly, the minute he found Ellie, the girls started playing like we had never seen them play before -- hitting the ball, making good plays -- we actually thought we may come back and win the ballgame! And we attributed this change of luck to Ellie. Ellie made us laugh, too. David would throw her head back like she was roaring, or whatever sound elephants make, and me and Adam, and Michelle and Audrey would just die laughing. We all laughed so hard, I really thought I would pee in my pants. Even the coaches looked over at us one time like "what the heck is wrong with you people?" Ellie did bring us good luck that night - and for the duration of the trip, Ellie was in David's pocket - being pulled out on demand when we needed her for good luck. She took us a lot further than we thought we would get!

Ok - if you stuck with me for that long story - God bless you! lol. Happy Friday the 13th everybody!

3 comments:

*Paula* said...

Hi Ginger! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Lauri {Scrap Attack} said...

What a great story, Ellie is too cute! I'm similar, I think certain things I've done can bring me good luck! :)

Shirley said...

Love that story Ginger and I believe whatever works is good!